Tried a new recipe tonight that was a no carb meal but yummy with protein and an italian taste. The picture isn't super attractive but it was a success with the family.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 35 turkey pepperonis, sliced in half
- ½ cup sliced reduced-sodium black olives
- Place the chicken on the bottom of the slow cooker, and season the tops with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the chicken broth, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, pepperoni, olives and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low. , or until the chicken falls apart and can be easily shredded.
- Shred the chicken in the slow cooker with tongs or 2 forks, and mix it up to absorb the remaining liquid for an additional 30 minutes.
1 cup is about 300 calories and for 21 Day Fix containers: 2 red and 1/2 green
I serviced with a side of corn on the cob because we have about a zillion ears of corn right now. If you wanted to add some cards, you could put it on some pasta or have a side of bread.