Wow! Time flies. I've been doing this Beachbody coaching thing for six months. I thought I'd give you all an update of how it's going. I formed a company called BeBlessed Health & Fitness because I believe that God gave me a passion for this and I'm blessed for it.
Why? Here's the top 5 reasons why I love this job:
1. It's so awesome to be a part of a company to helps change lives. There's such an epidemic of obesity in this country and Beachbody's mission is to end that trend. So, everyone I help is another life changed.
2. Being my own boss is amazing. It's up to me how hard I work. It's up to me how I do my job. If I fail, it's my fault and if I succeed it's because I put in the effort.
3. This company is all about empowerment and encouragement. In most corporate settings, people are trying to step on each other and knock others down to get ahead. At Beachbody, everyone wants to see you succeed. There are tons of tools, resources and help. All you have to do is reach out and take it.
4. It's also a majority of women who run successful businesses through Beachbody which is so amazing to see. Not that there aren't men and men can absolutely be successful coaches but it's predominantly women. And it's women who lift each other up not knock each other down.
5. Being a coach has helped me with what I struggled with most, accountability. I am a product of the product. I do exactly what I tell everyone in my FitPack to do. Show up every day, push play and eat smart. And it works! More on that in a minute.
Has it been all sunshine and roses? No, this business isn't easy. You have to work for it. You hear a lot of no's and not right now's. But then you hear a yes and you're able to help someone and all the no's are worth it. When I hear that someone's been watching me and then reached out because they felt I could help them, that's all I need to keep going.
So, I mentioned my FitPack above. That's my name for my team. Those who've chosen to be on this journey of health and fitness with me. We are a pack who supports, motivates and encourages each other. It's also a play on Six Pack because we are about fitness after all.
Every day I get to witness milestones reached, confidence built and health gained by my FitPack and I'm so blessed to be a part of it.
For myself, as I mentioned, I practice what I preach. I can't ask my FitPack to do anything I wouldn't do. So far I have completed 21 Day Fix multiple times, 22 Minute Hard Corps and The Master's Hammer & Chisel. I've also done countless Beachbody on Demand workouts trying out other programs and I sprinkle in some Country Heat here and there because it's so fun. I'm currently doing 30 days of Beachbody on Demand which means I let Beachbody tell me what workout to do every day. Plus, I'm adding the 3 Week Yoga Retreat on days I have time.
I drink Shakeology daily to help curb those sugar cravings and I also did a 3 Day Refresh before my last program to lose those last few stubborn pounds while my husband did the 21 Day Ultimate Reset with amazing results.
Read my reviews of these programs and products:
I didn't take measurement when I started back in February but I started at 126 lbs. Today I am steadily 113 lbs. So, I've lost over 13 lbs (see below for inches as well) in 6 months and I haven't been starving myself. I've been following the Beachbody meal plans about 75-80% of the time and fueling my body with the right foods. My workouts have been key but combining it with Shakeology have been the game changer in allowing me to lose that weight and keep it off! But it's more than just lbs and inches lost. It's about what I've gained. I've gained accountability and the confidence of knowing I can start a program and finish it. I've gained confidence because of the accomplishment, because of how I feel and because of my ability to help people. I've made new friends and re-connected with old ones in ways I wouldn't have before because it was outside my comfort zone.
I could never stick to a routine before. I was sporadic in my workouts and never made them a priority. When I got serious about fitness and being accountable to everyone watching me and joining me, I found a routine. It's a rhythm that gets me up an hour earlier in the morning (voluntarily!) so I can eat breakfast and have a cup of coffee to wake up. I use that time as God time. Spending some time reading scripture, journaling or in prayer. Then I get my workout in. 30-40 minutes and I'm done, hitting the showers and moving on with my day. Believe it or not, I don't really miss the extra hour of sleep and most days, by the end of the day, I forgot I worked out and I could do it again. Most days I don't...but I could. :)
I did take measurements in April and from then to now, I lost more than 12 inches overall. That includes 2 inches in my waist, 3 inches off my hips, 4 inches off my hips, 3 inches off my butt and an inch off my chest (unfortunately). Here are the before and after photos from Feb when I started 21 Day Fix to now.
Not only do my clothes fit and I like way I look for the first time in a long time, I feel better. I have more energy and confidence. Want to know how you can get results like this?
Come join my FitPack! Find support, accountability, encouragement and more.
Let's talk about what program is right for you. You can complete this quick form to tell me a little more about yourself and I'll follow up asap.