Fettucine Alfredo is a favorite in my house but it's normally so fattening. Here's a lighted up recipe that's healthy! No cream, milk or butter in this recipe. Everyone loved it including the 12 year old boy who won't eat veggies.
1 medium cauliflower head
7-8 roasted garlic cloves
1/2 cup chicken broth or water (left from cooking the cauliflower - I used a combo)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Dash of salt and pepper
Red pepper flakes to taste (if you like it spicy)
- Cut cauliflower into florets and cook in chicken broth or water until tender.
- Roast garlic until tender.
- Let both cool slightly before blending.
- Put all ingredients in blender of food processor. Blend until smooth. Add more water if it's too thick for your liking. I made mine thinner and added more of the left over broth/water mixture from cooking the cauliflower.
- Use right away or store, covered tightly in fridge until ready to use.
To make your fetticine alfedo, cook noodles according to package. If you like meat (we like chicken) cook or heat your chicken (cut into bite sized pieces). Add two cups of your sauce to the noodles and meat. Mix and serve.